Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Week in Park City and NOT Skiing??

I'm know that is a crazy thought for a lot of people, but for me it's a true statement. Mark has a conference here this week and the nice man invited me to come along! (BTW, the snow here is really crumby ice, ice, ice and only groomers this week - but the sunshine it GLORIOUS and Mark is just happy to have the capability to be up on the hill with all he has been through the past few weeks.) I am just savoring the peaceful, quiet time in this lovely little studio room we have here at The Canyons. My days consist of a much needed visit to the fitness room downstairs, gourmet omelets, shopping, reading, quilting and great evenings shared with Mark! It has been warm enough to sit out on the veranda and soak up the sun while reading. So nice. This room is very cozy, too. The time here is going fast and so I am keeping this short. I wanted to show you this neat quilt I am piecing this morning. I am calling it my Obama Inauguration Commemoration Quilt. I found this sweet fabric at the Red Rooster that is americana with a twist of Brown!! You never see brown with americana and I love the color combo. I love even more that (and I mean this with total respect!) it will represent for me, our cute, brown President! I have heard the sweetest stories of friends who attented the inauguration and have shared stories that brought tears to my eyes - about people who were there when Martin Luther King gave his speech and then were able to be there again for this momentous occassion. I LOVE AMERICA and all things patriotic. I am happy to be making this little throw this morning. Now - back to sewing. ;D






Just a peek at the quilt design. This is the easiest little quilt I have ever put together!


10 comments:

Jenny said...

That sounds like such a nice week! I would love to spend a week in Park City being cozy indoors and not so much tackling the out of doors. Enjoy!

quippish endeavor said...

i love the quilt (& will laugh about your brown comment, well, probably always). i want to make a quilt with old tshirts, i'll have to get some insight from you. glad you and dad are having a nice time!

xo

Rarely David usually Lisa said...

That sounds like so much fun... and what a gorgeous start to a quilt. I can't wait to see the end result. Make sure you post it.

Shauna said...

Your deserve the break, but can't but be a little jealous. The quilt will be so cute can't wait to see the finished product.

Valli said...

That is a very cute quilt. And I love the colors. Great pick.

Lindsay said...

Very cute quilt...glad you are relaxing and havin fun!

Kris said...

I just love you and your sweet sense of humor! The quilt will be amazing...as everything you touch is. I forgot to thank you for the wonderful wool snowman picture...I love it!

coolmom said...

Hmm, I think all I should say here is "Sweet". And that you are!!! And the quilt is cute, I think it would look nice on my wall for my birthday. hehe

What's the pattern?

Janalee, Ryan, Emilee said...

As Shauna's none quilting sister, I don't think that it is appropriate to put easy and quilt in the same sentence. I too love American and I think it is great to celebrate history, even in a quilt! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Your quilt looks beautiful! I'd love to see it when it's finished.