Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Love/Hate Relationship

The Deer.  We love them and they drive us crazy!!  Is there any wonder why we have a hard time with growing gardens and keeping flowers in bloom?  No kidding -  I had just uploaded these photos and the little stinkers were in the backyard!!  Liam would have loved that!  You can see how anxious we are for spring to come & STAY here.  We are in need of some serious green.  It won't be long now, cross your fingers.


Bee Update.  Three of the hives where hit with the pesky mites.  Their boxes are being sterilized as we speak.  In a few more weeks we will be ready for the new arrivals.  We are so excited that a few more friends and family are becoming Bee Keepers!!  Hurray for all of you! You will love it!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Ok this may be TMI, or obvious if you've already tried it, but a friend at war with the deer buys animal urine and lines her garden with it and it keeps the deer out.

deerhollow said...

That's a definate consideration...if Mark will be in charge of that little task! :D

Unknown said...

Love the photos. I saw 5 moose (in a group)driving home from church Sunday (we were driving home, not the moose!) and 2 bald eagles. Even though I've seen a million of them, I still get so excited!

Kris said...

I am right there with you! I now have tomato cages around most of my already-chewed tulips in hopes that I still get a few blooms. Makes for some interesting flower bed decor!
I'm just a wee bit jealous of the moose and eagles your friend got to see! I'd let a moose eat my tulips!

deerhollow said...

Yes, Alaska and her wildlife are something you never tire of. We were in constant awe while we lived there. Coolmom & Dad and fortunate to still be there! (At least for some reasons, right CM?)