Monday, May 16, 2011

Another Whirlwind of a Week

Mother daughter dinner with our graduates. Kristan planned a sweet dinner for the girls and their moms. It was fun to sit around the table and remember the fun times the girls have had together over the years. Davis, Camber and Emily are pretty lucky to have friends that they grew up with.  The older kids did an awful lot of moving around during their school days. I guess there are pros and cons to both sides of that coin.  

They have certainly grown up into beautiful young women. They have made new friends along their journey and taken different routes - but share those similar roots. Good times, good laughs, good cries, good memories, good luck girls!!


At Kristan and Maria's


 Camber's 6th Birthday Party

And now.  
It goes by in a blink!
xo




This week I was able to attend International Quilt Market in SLC.  It's a hug trade show for the quilting industry.  I have more photos here on my Black Sheep Woolens Blog. It was a great experience and very inspiring.  Lindsey came with me and Emily was excused from school to watch Molly.  We really had a great time and our heads were spinning at the end of 2 1/2 days of soaking it all in.  Embroidery was pretty big this spring.  




We drank up the sunshine and gorgeous weather.  
We enjoyed lunch on Friday at the lovely Cafe Trio.



***
Dressing up for the dance.

Here is the cutest picture of my mom all ready for her 9th grade dance. When Camber was picking out her dress she knew right off she wanted it short and the style she liked reminded me so much of this one my mom wore.  I asked Camber to let me take a photo of her at the piano similar to the one my mom is in.  It seems that they are both thinking, 
"I really don't want my photo taken, thank you very much."  
But look how beautiful they are!

Grandma Joan's dress was a light green.
Camber is in blue.


In honor of a dear friend, Camber wore heels. (Thanks for the tip on Sofft, Jenny ;) When I sent her a text post dance her reply was...they weren't too bad actually. So high five to girl who loves her flats.



She choose a pretty periwinkle blue lace and we found a pattern similar to a retro dress on ebay and I got busy stitching.  It all went together pretty quick. Lots and lots of ruffles on the crinolin slip.  



 Molly helped Lindsey paint Camber's toes while Camber put her make up on.  





It's always great fun to watch the guy pin or tie on the corsage.  
Patrick is a gentleman.

(Who took this blurry photo anyway? oops.)

Their senior ball was a Masaquerade Ball.



Cute couple and good friends.

and PS Molly didn't really like Patrick taking her buddy away...


And to finish out our week, Seminary Graduation.
Good job, Camber!


FYI:  That is not a snowy sky, it's a lot of dust from the craziest windstorm we have ever seen here.  Last night was actually a little scary listening to all the trees in the neighborhood fall and the howling wind shake the house.

9 comments:

Kris said...

And I thought my life was busy! Gorgeous dress...and girl!

Jenny said...

That is a fantastic outfit! Camber has great taste. I also discovered Born heels this week, they are as comfortable or MORE comfortable than the Softts (sofft?) A friend gave me a pair and I successfully chased Hudson down the hall in them with ease, style and comfort.

I can't believe Camber is a grown up!

Lisa said...

Ah so much to be said about these photos and events. First of all...I love all of these girls who have grown up together, what beautiful young women they've grown up to be.

And the heels...I'm so proud of our little K-Dawg, made me tear up! Seriously, Camber is just gorgeous in her senior ball dress. What happy days you all had!

Reed & Ryan said...

So happy to see this post! :) Camber is the best!! She looks so beautiful...I LOVE the dress!! What a wonderful time for her and so many accomplishments to be proud of!! Her life is really just beginning!!

I REALLY love the use it up pillow!! So cute! Someday... :)

The Jacklins said...

Oops...sorry that last comment was really ME!!

Yellow! xoxo

Cathy said...

What an awesome post! I still need to post my trip to Utah - where does the time go??? I love Camber's shoes!!! So pretty. And the dress is amazing! I wondered if you made it to the quilt show - how fun that would be. One day lady, we are going to be doing some of these things together!

Unknown said...

That last comment was me - wrong sign in - anyway - also love Cafe Trio - has become a must do! Must do a Firth Harrell girls day there at some future date!

Alycia said...

Sounds like you've been busy! You have such a cute family! Congrats to Camber on graduation! The dress beautiful :)

Lindsay said...

Wow. I love Cambers dress. All the Thrushwood Neighborhood little girls are grown now! I used to babysit most of them. They are all so beautiful! I love all the pictures!