Monday, June 8, 2009

Searching for Beauty

The last few days I hadn't seen my camera around anywhere 
I started re-tracing my steps and remembered that a few days ago, 
I was after a deer in our yard that was munching  on one of our trees.  
After some serious searching and a quiet prayer, 
it came immediately to my mind...the back porch! 
I couldn't have!!  
But I did.  
I guess I was distracted pulling weeds or checking on flowers 
and I had set it down.  
If you're from around these parts, you will 
appreciate the panic that filled my soul as the 
clouds were just simmering after a huge rain/hail microburst.  
(Only one of the many storms to pass through 
our yard and over my poor camera 
during the past few days!) 
The outcome of the fate of my beloved friend is still unknown. 
She is carefully drying out as we speak.  
Tonight the light in the yard was sweet.  
I wanted so badly to capture a piece of it.  
Then I thought of a good friend of ours who is a 
very gifted and talented photographer.  
Lately he has been posting some 
pretty spectacular shots with his little iPhone on FB and I thought, 
"why not?"  I don't have a cool iPhone - but I do own 
a cell phone. Let's see what happens.  
Take a little peek through the 'so-so' lens of my phone. 
 
I think it goes to show that you can find 
beauty in simple ways that you might not
have thought about before.

(and never have my photos uploaded
so quickly before!!)



quiet light




the road we go up and down so many times in a day





home sweet home




water color pavement




old glory



 a summer pillow ~ patiently waiting to bask in the sun




a cold japanese maple



sweet little droplets of rain waiting to 
be taken by the visiting fairies of the spring night...




more cool refreshment for the fairy folk



and a pretty little parade of the bleeding hearts who thrive in the cool weather.


I dare you to find some beauty around you in a way you haven't thought of before.


enjoy your journey!

5 comments:

Valli said...

Your pictures are wonderful! What a great post.
We recently had a camera disappearing act as well. While preparing to aid in a bee extraction from a condemned home Dave must have checked on the dogs. In the process leaving our camera outside near the fence. Have yet to see if it's in full working order. We hope yours makes it through all the unintended washings.

The Jacklins said...

I am sorry about your camera! :( I hope it will dry out nicely for you! Your alternate picts are great too! Sometimes we just have to make do or do without! You "made do" well!

the firths said...

the pictures are great. my only similar story is when my journal took a bath in the toilet for an undetermined length of time... don't ask. it all worked out ok though.


what's up with your schizophrenic keyboard?

Lisa said...

Oh no...say it isn't so! I am crossing my fingers for your little camera. Somehow you are able to make beautiful pictures out of everything.

Scott Flinders said...

Sorry to hear about the camera, but very cool post!