Monday, January 18, 2010

January is ticking away...


January at Deer Hollow. Saturday we had a gorgeous day with blue skies and a visit from Jack Frost. It was beautiful. We have had a family of deer frequenting our yard. There are triplets and they are very cute. The one pictured here was having a good look at me through the den window last Friday. The sweet little bird was a hard catch. I snapped this photos through the kitchen window. We have bird feeders hung in the tree near the deck. There have been so many little feathered friends around this winter. (Guess they feel more comfortable here with our two cats gone.) I need to find out what kind of a bird he is - I feel a new hobby coming on! Do you realize how chatty the birds are this time of year? I guess I haven't always listened for them, but they are alive and doing well in our neck of the woods. I have plans for some more bird photography.
I love them!!

Below are a few photos from our December...We had a houseful of happiness!



A few pictures of Molly and her happy parents.
Papa wrote the sweet list of words on the chalkboard
the day after Molly arrived on earth.
We love her.


On the lucky years we have a special treat here in Cache Valley
we have a really neat ice skating rink at Merlin Olsen Park. Camber
and I took Liam down to try it out while he was here. He loved it
for a minute and then decided it was too slippery. We had a good time with him.
It was fun to see everyone there enjoying their evening at the rink.


I am having a hard time uploading photos. I can get these collages to work just fine, but anything from iphoto is just not working for me. You can double click on any of them for a larger view. We hope you are all finding lots of fun things to do this winter.
We sure enjoy the seasons.
What a treat it is to live in such a beautiful place.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kris said...

Stop! Don't remind me about the ticking!! And also, Amen to the rest of your blog! I wanted desperately to get photos of the frost covered everything, but my camera is in the hospital...bleah. Thanks for getting the photos for me!

The Jacklins said...

Cute pictures! What fun memories you have from the past couple of months! Yeah for digital cameras and all the cool technology we have!!

Jenny said...

You DO live in a beautiful place! It was so nice to see you on Friday. We miss you tons. The next time I see you hopefully I will have my whole family in tow.