Monday, October 4, 2010

A Trip to the East Coast

Last week I was able to take a trip to the Maryland/DC area where Brady, Dani & family have recently moved to. Lindsey was able to join me on my buy one get one free ticket (thank you American Express) & Miss Molly, being under two, got to come along for free as well! It was a great trip ~ 5 days packed to the brim with lots of exploring, great eats, long visits into the night and some humidity ( a bit unknown to us in the west). How do you take hundreds of photos and then try to pick a few to post?? I decided to narrow it down to the highlights of what we saw and collage them. One night we go lost on the wrong side of the tracks - those pictures are etched into our minds. The situations people live in is quite a story. We are very blessed to have a roof over our heads and feel safe when we crawl into bed and night and turn out the lights.

A gem of a building to say the least. The stained glass windows were some of the most beautiful I had ever seen! My photos didn't capture them in the least. We were there when a childrens choir was practicing. Beautiful.

This had to be on of the funniest moments of the trip! Liam has decided to he wants to be a dragon for halloween. He was working our the logistics of how to make his teeth green! We laughed til our sides ached! Sure love that little guy.

M & S Grill on 13th F street. SOOOO yummy!
The crab cakes were delicious! Liam had the most tasty
Mac & Cheese we had ever tasted and Brady's dish was a winner!
We had our own little room all to ourselves.


Lindsey & I were facinated at the Wright Brothers First Airplane. It was really neat to see.
Our other Fav was when we were able to go into the Nat'l Archives and see the Constitution, Declaration of Independece & The Bill of Rights. Very very cool.
*Funny sideline ~ The oriental couple snatched Molly out of my arms for a photo.

Danielle has friends in all the right places. She was able to arrange a tour of the Capital Building for us. We loved it! What an amazing building. The star their feet are on marks the very center of DC and it is said to bring good luck if you rub your foot on it. We all rubbed!
the rug the kids are on in the office of Senator Bennett and the room with the black & white flooring was where back in the day....the congressmen would duke it out here while the wives would bring their children and sit up in the balcany to watch it all. Politics have always been a little crazy, don't you think?

The Butterfly Room is FREE on tuesdays! We picked a great day to visit! They were very active! More humidity :)

The Museum of Nat'l History was awesome. I need to go back because I didn't get to see it all. It was fun to have Liam give us a tour as he has already been a half a dozen times!

Sadly, we only had about 45 minutes in here. Another day ~ but it was certainly a treat.


The DC Temple is a sight to see. The clouds made things even more dramatic.
The rain made my hair stunning! Loved being there.


Ah, The White House. Why am I so facinated by this building? Someday I will take a tour there. It was so beautiful all lit up the night we took a walk to see it.


We enjoyed a lovely lunch at 2 Amy's.
Best pizza around they say and we have to
agree with them! The appetizers were phenomenal, really! Especially the little
deep fried cheese balls - truely amazing. I don't recall their Italian name but if you say,
"the little cheese balls" they will know exactly what you are talking about :)
Our favorite pizza was a special of the day. It had amazing cheese and sliced green tomatoes with a fresh egg cracked on top. Very nice.

We completely wore out the babes with all our sight-seeing.
They were little troopers.

Molly & Lindsey had such a great time, but were wishing Jake could
have been with them. I missed the rest of my family as well.


This wonderful little family is in for a wonderful adventure as they begin a new chapter in their family history storybook. We wish them much success and joy in the journey!
xoxoxoxo
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

Looks like lots of fun! And what cute grand-kids you have.

Lisa said...

I have been to those famous places so many times...years ago. We loved DC and Brady and family will as well. There is always something to do and see. Some of our favorite friends we met while living there. What a fun time you had!

Jason said...

How did I miss out on this trip? At least I got to enjoy the pictures. Looks like you had a wonderful time.

Love you tons!

Jake Lindsey Molly Owen said...

so much fun!
i need to get a cd of all the pictures someday :)

Unknown said...

Wow! What a trip - now I am wanting a trip back east too! I love that I am from nearby!

quippish endeavor said...

I'm so glad your trip was a success! I'm looking forward to Round II, where I hope to join in on the fun. :) xo

the firths said...

Liam saysn"What! Nana is the silliest person I know!"