Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Something Magical and Happy About Today


1.11.11 = love
We had posted a bit about this here
Even tought today isn't 11.11 - it's a close second to our favorite date and
set of numbers. We have begun dreaming a bit about the date in November.
hmmmm wonder what we will do....
Hope you had some magic and lots of love in your day today.

A cute friend called to ask if I could meet her at the antique store at 2:00.
She thought there were some buttons I would love there. So we met up and
had a great time poking around. The buttons looked great!

As we were checking out and gabbing with the owner about keeping his eye out for a dress form - I spotted these adorable little wooden dolls! I asked him what their story was and when the words "they are from Poland" came spilling out of his mouth I knew they would be coming home with me!! They are precious! From what I could quickly deduce from my research on line - they are wooden peg dolls with hand painted faces from my homeland (1/4 anyway) Poland! circa 1950.

Meet Henryk and Zofia!

They seem to have many stories to tell...just wish I knew them, too!


Their little red shoes are perfect and I love the little brother -
he is dressed like a little sailor. My peeps come from a little
town near the sea.

Zofia and Henryk...Welcome Home!
I think you will be happy here.



Tonight Mark insisted on taking us out to dinner for 1.11.11
We opted for Callaways ~ one of our favs! Its story is great.
What was once a little car repair garage is now one of the finest
Italian Restaurants around! They have opened up a location in Park City
that serves Breakfast & Dinner. It was a wonderful meal and we enjoyed
our time with cute Em...our baby.
(Camber working & Davis jamming)

Note the icicles...it was nearly 8 degrees tonight! Yippee!



Best breadsticks...




Happy 1.11.11 !!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

You had me at the red shoes! I am so happy Henryk and Zofia found a new home. I know they will be very content at Deer Hollow. Such a sweet day and I can't wait for 11/11/11. It will be magical!

the firths said...

Fun, fun. Liam says he "wishes he was eating breadsticks with Emi"

Shauna said...

Sweet day for a sweet lady, but I must know if you also found some buttons.

deerhollow said...

Yes! The buttons came home, too!

Kris said...

Next time you come to Callaways give us a call. It is our favorite also!!! MMMMM...Bob's Killer Salad and a calzone, or spicy pasta and prawns, or....