Friday, July 22, 2011

Everything Is Falling Into Place

The days of planning and preparation are drawing to a close.  Last night we began seriously packing the bags.  It is so very exciting! Emily has been making lists and organizing her belongings for weeks now. The suitcases are filling up fast!  She can check two 70lb bags and take a carry on and one personal item like a purse or back pack. 


 Jake gave us a tip from his mission days in Fiji.  Put the clothes in bags and vaccuum out the air.  We had a blast!  Instant freeze dried clothes and room to spare! We'll have good memories of our crazy "system" as we laughed and loaded the bags into her suitcase.
 This morning I made the girls Raspberry-Nuttella filled crepes.  We hear there are no raspberries to be found in Brazil.  (She won't lack for amazing fruit, however!) We were chatting about the day and making plans to start checking things off our list.  I reminded them that someone had to be here at all times to sign for the highly anticipated delivery of the VISA.
 We had no sooner cleared our plates from the table outside when the wonderful Fed Ex man pulled up into our driveway!  IT WAS HERE!  I was doing my typical happy dance of joy when the doorbell rang.  Of course by now I am tearing up with relief and excitement - but also because now it was all very real.  She is leaving.  I told Em she had to go to the door and sign...I was pulling myself together when I heard the man ask Em, "Did I see someone jumping for joy in there?"  I had to go explain myself.  He was thrilled to hear our story.  He loves his job and expecially loves exciting days like this.  He couldn't have been more sweet and enthused for Emily's journey...as we all are.   Life is good.

 Opening the envelope.


 She holds in her hands her passport which includes her student visa.
 Good for one year.
Many miles to cover in the next 72 hours.  
We are grateful this beautiful summer morning for many things!

2 comments:

Alycia said...

How exciting! Wish her luck in Brazil--what an adventure! Oh, and those crepes look absolutely fantastic :)

Cory & Rebeca said...

What a very exciting time for Emily!