Friday, August 31, 2012

A Little Catch Up


 Inspired by a picture in a magazine I saw last year, a few inspiring stories 
and an avid biking husband; I have been on the hunt for an old bike....

I spotted this one on the side of the road in front of an antique store in town.  
I called Mark to see if he would mind if I bought a little piece of "art" for our home :)

After doing a little research online we discovered she is a 
1937 Women's Pullman Schwinn Bike
 Mark replaced the tubes, pumped up the tires, polished her up and 
with the help of Jake - hoisted her up to her new home.
She looks grand perched on the mantle.
A great conversation piece.
A reminder to live a healthy lifestyle.
A reminder of stories of great women (in our family & outside of our family) 
who used a similar mode of transportation to serve and look after others.

***
A Salad Social 
Under the canopy of beautiful trees, by the beautiful river with the red sun setting in the sky...
(due to numerous fires in the surrounding area this summer)
We enjoyed a lovely salad social with adorable women in our neighborhood.
Warm hugs and lots of chitter chatter, we soaked up the warm summer evening.
Even the youngest little lady in neighborhood, Miss Olivia, came out for the evening.
Everyone went home with a full tummy, a happy heart, a cute handmade dish cloth and free produce!
We love our neighborhood so very much!



***
Cache Valley Century
 Eric, Jake and Mark were a threesome this year.
(Wishing Brady could have been here)
Ready to hit the road!

 While the guys were riding we had a tea party...



 Took naps...


 Tried on Great Grandpa's hat...

 Played cards...

and Owen finally got his quilt from Nana!



A before long, they were back!  The route was little different this year and  
I will have Mark fill in the details.  They had a great ride. 
Eric Eliason, Cory McBride, Jake and I formed a great team.  We started in Richmond this year as a large part of the ride came after we neared Logan.  We usually ride from home to the start in Richmond and then peal off at the end and ride home making 100 miles.  This year if we had done that we would have ridden only 80 miles as this year we didn't go all the way to Preston in the first half of the ride.  It was a flatter ride with less hills.  It was a beautiful day.  Cory was training for LoToJa and pulled us along at a good clip.  Eric is a horse too.  He pulled hard and fast.  It was great to be with Jake.  He pushes himself so hard.  He inspires me.  I was so pleased to be among good friends on a great ride in a valley I love.  I hope to be doing it for many years to come.  If I shave my legs next year I bet I can go faster.  Isn't that right Jake?

Stay tuned for more catching up to come...


3 comments:

Kaye said...

You always look so happy when you are surrounded by your babies. So sweet.

Unknown said...

Will you please find me a place to live in your neighborhood? It looks like heaven.

the firths said...

these pictures make us all miss you guys!