Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Spoonful of Grief Work

Mark has found a lot of comfort working down in his wood shop the past few months.

 He has been carving a few spoons :)

 He has a gift with wood.

He found a sweetness there as he would pick someone he cared about and spent time thinking about them as he carved their spoon.  I have similar comfort when I make a quilt with someone special in mind. 
 I learn much from the wonderful man I am blessed to call my husband.
 It is something else to create a unique, one of a kind item. 
And he is especially happy he has found a way to share his art in a way that
is useful in his attempt to heal as well as in a meaningful gift for others.

5 comments:

Curtis Family said...

I love you Mark. You are special.

Cathy said...

What a sweet, sweet treasure.

Nemesis said...

Those spoons are amazingly beautiful, as are your quilts! I find myself doing the same thing when I knit something for someone. I think about them and about all the things I hope and want for them.

Lindsay said...

Those are beautiful! And what a neat thing to do. Love your family!

Kris said...

Lovely. You are both wonderful!