Friday, February 28, 2014

Love Before and Afters!

This is one of my early Instagram shots.  Maybe one of the few pictures of our room before.  I bought this duvet cover when we first to moved to Logan almost 16 years ago!  I've been craving a fresh new look in our room for some time now and this past month it finally happened!

Half the fun of updating is in the hunt!  I found a duvet cover last fall at Downeast and have been looking for some furniture ever since.  I was trying to get a looks that wouldn't necessitate  the need to repaint.  Our room has a soft gold paint to it that is warm and cozy.  And isn't gold trending right now anyway?? Eclectic is a good word to describe my tastes right now.  Just before Thanksgiving I spotted two pieces that I feel in love with right away and my talented man said he would be happy to build a book shelf to go on top of the side table!  We were both tired of our dresser being a collection spot for "stuff" and decided we could certainly live without a dresser.  I also had a bookshelf that was too cluttered on the side of our bed.  We had finally found the perfect solution!

Ta Da!

 We love this sleigh bed and we just picked up a matching bedside table for Mark's side of the bed.


 The bottom piece we purchased and the top part Mark made to match.  
Didn't he do a fantastic job!! ?
He said this was the first time he had built furniture and had to distress beautiful wood.  
I think he enjoyed the process. 
 It looks awesome!
 Great little knobs he scored at Anthropolgie

 

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I love how you didn't have to repaint! It's all gorgeous, you guys are so talented.

Cathy said...

I love the feeling that comes from putting myself into a project. So much love! It's so You!!!

Unknown said...

A true craftsman. You are both so full of talent.