Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Roof is ON!

And just in the nick of time! The crew finished up about 4:00 this afternoon and this evening we have a good foot of snow out there and it is still coming down!  We were certainly blessed with the perfect window of three spectacular days for the project.  It is still remarkable that this crew could take down the the roof and room over the garage and rebuild it in just three days.  They have some touch up framing spots inside and the smaller roof on the west end...but THANK YOU BUILDERS!! It is wonderful!
 Standing up the wall of windows.


 Tuesday.  Taking out the last piece of the roof with the crane...making sure it didn't take down the wall.  It was quite the day watching that crane work.  It was like fishing in the trees!  There were several minutes when it took my breath away...the dangling rafters would get swinging and you wondered what it would bang into.  It really was a massive crane.  I will put more photos on The Project 2010 post (side bar).


 Here she is...all framed in and tar papered on top.  Perfect timing, Brian!!  


 The crew!  These guys were wonderful...everything went just like clock work.  It was so much fun to watch it all develop.  We are still getting adjusted to the "largeness" of the addition but it will blend in better once the roof line is added between the garage doors and windows and the siding and shingles are on. The feel of the room is wonderful...it will be a dream to be in.

Thanks guys!  YOU ROCK!!
( I know most of their names...but I need to get them in the proper order)

8 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm loving this addition...it's so fun to follow along. Those builder men have impeccable timing. BTW...thanks for taking time to show me smocking this afternoon. I can't wait to get started. With everything you had going on, you took time to help me stitch...you're the greatest!

Lindsay said...

Wow! So much fun!

Alycia said...

It is looking so good! I am so excited for you. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Cory & Rebeca said...

It looks soo nice! :)

Chelsea said...

I never thought following an addition construction project via the internet could be so fun. I wish I could see it in person!

Unknown said...

This is so much fun to follow but I don't want to forget the way it used to be. Change is good but a little sad as well. What used to be the exciting future and contented present becomes the past. (sniff, sniff) But then there is more excitement to come! And so it goes.

the firths said...

fancy shancy!

Kris said...

I can't believe you got those builders to pose for a picture! Love it. Oh, the picture of the deer looking in the window is wonderful!