Sunday, February 6, 2011

Stuff...

Why do we have so much stuff?? 
It's amazing how it accumulates. We have been sifting through some of our STUFF as we prepare for the next big step in our remodel.  If you click on Project 2010 on our sidebar, I have updated a few photos.  It will be a wonderful thing if we can pare down and eliminate some of our belongings.  It's very interesting to me how little you really need to be happy.  For instance when you travel...you don't take too much with you and life goes along quite simply and uncomplicated.  If you only had one pencil  or pen to write with, you would certainly keep good track of it.  We do live in a world of excess and much stuff!  Just think about the aisles of cold cereal in the supermarket. So many choices.
I like simple. For a little zen click here. I found it quite interesting.  It's nice to evaluate and make changes to simplify your life and make time for things that really matter.  I have wasted my fair share of time hunting for lost items!
Hoping for a sorting and organizing kind of month!

5 comments:

Kris said...

My kind of month!!! I just went through my filing cabinet A-C...so much stuff. I am throwing away all my old want-to-try recipes, freeing but a little sad.

Lisa said...

So...I am thinking as long as you are purging...I could probably take that entire shower full of wool off your hands...haha! I can't wait for this new room to be finished.

Starlie and Nate Schmutz said...

I love your pictures-even your stuff picture is pretty. And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one...yet your stuff is all organized and together-I'm definitely not there yet!

Unknown said...

All that stuff looks like a lot of fun! I love looking at all your pictures and projects _ makes me want to get busy!!!

Curtis Family said...

Mom told me about your REALLY successful craft fair (thing) that you sold your materials you've died and your kits. That's awesome! Now are you going to Disneyland? (That's a joke) You are so great at making your goals a reality. You are my hero!