Tuesday, April 20, 2010

twenty

Yesterday Davis turned twenty. He was the fourth child to join our happy little family. He was definitely welcomed with lots of love and attention. Brady was especially thrilled to finally have a brother! He brought with him a very laid back attitude and a heart of gold. But don't be fooled by his quiet little smirks - he had a way of enjoying life to fullest as a little guy. There wasn't anything he wouldn't try and was successful a it all. He is a very gifted athlete and musician. He has spent the past two years in Portland working and taking some classes. He plans to attend USU this fall. We wish him much success as he pursues his education and finds his way in life.

For his birthday dinner he chose an old stand by at our house, Tuna Casserole. 100% comfort food. Our kids grew up on this and still love it today. We changed it up a bit with some sun dried tomatoes and little lemon zest. Delish. Friends came a calling before we could whip up his birthday milkshake . . . another day.

We sure love you, Davis. You are such a blessing in each of our lives.

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

quippish endeavor said...

mmmm... that is a delicious looking casserole. wish i had been there to celebrate. thanks for giving me such a great little brother.

Jenny said...

I love Davis! Happy birthday! I think my favorite memory of Davis was watching him rollerblade at three like it was no big deal. Or when we were playing baseball and he gave me batting advice, probably also at three or four.

Rarely David usually Lisa said...

Happy birthday, Davis! That little pirate picture is exactly how he looked when I first met you! I hope you had a wonderful birthday. We love you!

Lindsay said...

That tuna casserole looks and sounds good...you should post the recipe...or email it to me! :)

Unknown said...

I was going to comment on the rollerblading as well. I've never seen such a little guy go so fast! Happy birthday Davis! Good luck at USU.

Jake Lindsey Molly Owen said...

Love you, Davis! Happy Birthday :)
And Mom, the food looks great-as always!

xo

The Jacklins said...

Twenty years...WOW! I can remember coming to Seattle after HS Graduation to meet that cute baby boy! Hope you had a great day Davis!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Davis! Davis was just a baby when I first met the family! I can't believe 20 years has gone by.... way too fast. Good luck with school.

Neil J said...

Just want you to know that I was actually there at your birth! You were the cutest pirate ever. Wishing you the best this coming year and I good luck at USU. I'm proud of you.