Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Wonderment

"...something that produces wonder; a marvel" (Websters)


Tonight I was lucky enough to attend The Cache Valley Watercolor Meeting.  It was just what I needed.  A fresh look at creating and inspiration.


Lester B. Lee was our quest artitst.  He talked about creating and the process we go through to create.  He reminded us how important the sketch is.  It happens to be his favorite part of the painting.  It made me think about planning and making sketches for our paintings or projects. It's all about working the little kinks out and having the proper contrast.  How much sketching am I doing...planning, pondering and preparing? It's a great foundation for so much!


He then treated us to a demo.  In less than 40 minutes he had gone from sketch to finished painting.  
Wonderment! Very inspiring.




As I walked out of the library to the car, the glow of 
the moon had my complete attention!

I was drawn to the temple.  
It was so captivating, I didn't want to leave.
Wonderment...all around us.



(Cell phones sure do come in handy!)

2 comments:

Scott Flinders said...

That last photo of the temple is amazing!

Lindsay said...

that is a neat photo of the temple. You are so talented.