Saturday, May 4, 2013

Naschmarket in Vienna

Saturday morning we browsed around the market and found a few treasures.  We also brought some bread, meat and cheeses home for lunch.  What a beautiful location for a market!  Lots of people, they were as much fun to watch as anything :)



 I was crazy about the all of the old wool jackets and traditional Austrian dresses.


 I found the cookie press here and this lady was great to bargain with.  
Shaura is considering some beaded trim.


 If I lived here I would be in trouble.
The prices were really pretty good on a lot of things we saw.


 I loved everything on this table!!
I'm having remorse about not picking up these two pieces.  They reminded me of 
our Hareters who are from here.  They came from a town that was cradled with vineyards.
Ohhh!  Just look at those gorgeous frames!!



 Art Nouveau style building.  Really pretty!!
 Yes, I did take a photo of the TP in the potty I had to pay to use.  There was a private sink
in each stall and no one was looking :)  It's so cute!




 Grass Cheese.  We had never seen anything of the like!  
We brought some home for lunch and it was such a treat!!

 Shaura and Mark are picking out olives for lunch.  The man was very generous with his samples!
 The color was eye candy...everywhere!
 The lady is slicing up that Prosciutto Salami especially for Mom.  
She stayed home this morning for some down time.  
We are going on a Ghost Walk with Dean tonight.
We also introduced her to Downton Abbey!


These are my treasures to bring home.
You can see an old, old pencil sharpener 
in the button box.


No comments: